I was recently nominated by Vanessa, from The Well Being Blogger for the Sunshine Blogger Award. If you haven’t checked out her blog recently or you never have, I highly recommend that you visit her blog. Vanessa is an awesome blogger. She is always sharing kind words and helpful advice for managing wellness, mental health, and physical health through her blog. She also has a ton of resources to help promote wellness including books and e-books and a library of books she reommends to readers on the topic of wellbeing. There is something for everyone on her site!
It was a huge honor to be nominated by her. Now it’s also my time to pay it forward. First, I will answer the eleven questions that Vanessa asked me and then nominate eleven bloggers that I would like to give this award to.
1. What kind of job did you want to have when you were a kid?
When I was younger, I always wanted to be an author. I have been writing stories for as long as I could pick up a pen and write. This is still a dream of mine, but it’s a lot harder to realize than I thought it would be when I was younger!
2. List five things that bring you happiness.
Five things that bring me happiness are my dog, the beach, writing and reading, baking, and being outside!
3. What’s your favorite topic to blog about.
I love to blog about my dog, Bean, and her own struggles with reactivity and fear and the relationship I have developed with her as a result. I love to inform others about what it’s like to own a reactive dog and how it has impacted my life.
4. What’s your favorite food?
I am a sucker for anything chocolate. It’s my weakness.
5. When did you start blogging?
I started blogging in May of 2018. It’s almost been a year now!
6. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I hope that in five years I will have finished writing a novel by then. I also hope to be married by then! I also hope that I will have been able to start a fulfilling job in psychology or health care and live near the coast.
7. If you could have a mythical creature as a companion, what would it be?
I would definitely love to have a dragon as a companion! It would be amazing to be able to fly and no one would ever mess with me!
8. What’s your blogging ritual like?
Honestly I’m not too sure if I have a ritual. I like to write whenever ideas come to me and if that means I’m at work or at home or in the car I will jot something down. This can make everything a little chaotic, but I’m working on developing more of a routine and planning.
9. What was your childhood nickname?
Everyone called me “Rachie” when I was younger!
10. What’s your most important value?
The most important value to me is compassion. Compassion for each other, compassion for the planet and all of it’s creatures and compassion for ourselves. It’s true what they say: we can be our own worst critics.
11. If you could go on a mission around the world, what would it be about?
I would love to travel around the world and educate others about the importance of environmental conservation. This is something that is very important to me and at one time I really wanted to be a marine biologist. I love the natural world and the wildlife within it and it breaks my heart to see our planet suffering!
1. Elizabeth at Uncustomaryhousewife.com
2.Rebecca at PomplasPennies.com
3. Ashli at At YouMeAndBenny.com
4. Angela at cupcakesandyogapants.com
5. Dayma at womenundefined.com
6. Madison at livestellajane.com
7. Giselle at Topmindfulnotes.com
8. Hannah at wellbeanblog.com
9. Megan at meganelizabethlifestyle.com
10. Monica at monicavaklinova.com
11. Anna at thereelanna.com
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging sites.
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo on your site or your own post.
- What’s your favorite way to spend a weekend?
- If you could change the world in any one way, what would you do?
- What are your favorite hobbies?
- How do you define success?
- If you could have any super power what would it be?
- What’s the weirdest/quirkiest thing about you?
- What is one of your favorite memories?
- Where is your happy place?
- If you could live in any fictional world, what world would you live in?
- What is your favorite tv show or movie?
- What is the best piece of advice you can think to give someone?